Exquisite palladium leaf with exclusive colouring
Palladium (Pd) is one of the platinum-group metals and has a subtle grey colour with a particularly exquisite appearance. This look is particularly popular with oligarchs and their designers. The metal only melts at 1554° C and even after this, very delicate handling is required to beat it into thin, flexible palladium leaf.
We offer a choice of two grades of palladium
- Palladium leaf standard thickness, suitable for inside and outside
- Palladium leaf fine grade, suitable for glass gilding applications
Suitable gilding techniques for palladium leaf
Gilding techniques with leaf adhesive, Mixtion Lefranc and gelatine, such as glass gilding for example, create an excellent result without significant difficulties.
Palladium leaf is more difficult to work with in poliment gilding. Because palladium leaf is considerably more brittle than gold or silver leaf, this precious metal does not cling as well when it is applied to the item being plated. It is difficult to make palladium shine by polishing with an agate polishing stone, and it shimmers slightly at the overlaps.
Palladium is supplied in the following options, formats and styles:
- Palladium leaf standard thickness – for inside and outside – “gilding”
- Palladium leaf fine grade – for behind glass – “gilding”
- Palladium formats: 80 mm / 85 mm / 90 mm / 91.5 mm / 93 mm / 100 mm / and square
- Style: loose / transfer
- Packaging: 25 sheets of palladium contained in a tissue paper booklet
- Packing units in books: 25 sheet – 250 sheet – 300 sheet – 500 sheet – other options available
- Palladium rolls: see gold rolls
Palladium leaf price inquiry – we would be delighted to help
Would you like a price for palladium? Please provide the following information so we can send you an up-to-date quotation.
- desired thickness
- version (loose or transfer)
- the quantity required